Private Photography Course
All Skill Levels
Individual Private Lessons
Image Critique on Video
Aura has a contagious passion for photography and a true gift for helping others learn to love it too.
When I first got my camera, I set out to take amazing photos out of the box and failed miserably. Nothing looked the way I wanted it to look! That's when Aura stepped in and changed everything.
New To Photography?
The commercials make it look so easy!
Just take it out of the box and start shooting like a pro.
But…there are a lot more buttons than you thought!
- You’ve tried going on youtube.
- You’ve done online tutorials.
- You even tried reading the manual.
You are a busy person and don’t have time to be stuck in a classroom for weeks.
- You want photography to fit with your schedule.
- You want to learn at your own pace.
- You want customized lessons and a lot of feedback.
Are you ready to build your confidence and explore your creativity?
Your 4 week Private Photography Course is taught by a Certified Professional Photographer and includes:
After-Care by Email
What Will You Learn?
How do I avoid blurry photos?
- Auto Focus modes
- Using shutter speed to prevent camera movement
- Using shutter speed to prevent (freeze) subject movement
- Using depth of field
What do these buttons do?
- Setting up for success – metering mode, raw versus jpg, drive mode
- Understanding the exposure mode dial
- When to use Manual and tips for making it easier
How can I make my photos look more like the pros?
- Does equipment really matter?
- Rules of composition for adding impact and telling stories
- Picture styles and white balance
- Exposure bracketing – being smarter than your camera
Customized creativity and technical tips
- Personalized lesson with specific tips on how to best capture your favourite subjects
- Explore the foundational concepts with more depth
- Custom final assignment and review video with feedback
All this for only $875
Individual Private Photography Lessons
Live in-person photography lessons in the Greater Vancouver Area. Limit of 2 participants.
Custom quotes for other areas and small group workshops.
Please contact me for more information.
Have specific questions about lenses, camera settings, lighting, posing, or something you saw online?
Looking for shortcuts to creative techniques?
Want personal attention and feedback on your pictures?
Private photography lessons are:
convenient – book them to work with your schedule
fun – learn new creative tips and tricks
custom – your camera, your skill, your creative goals
educational – combine theory with hands on practice
supportive – includes notes and after-care by email
Learn from an experienced professional in a 2 hour session guaranteed to help you feel more inspired, creative, and confident whatever your current skill level.
Image Feedback & Critique Videos
A video recording of an your images being reviewed by an award winning photographer to help you improve your skills and creativity.
Example of An Image Critique Video
All images may not be reviewed.
The most useful feedback will be determined by Aura and may apply to more than one image.
Personal and constructive feedback to help you grow.
Watch and learn as an award winning photographer reviews your images using Lightroom to offer feedback on your creative and technical choices. Aura McKay, CPP, CPA will critique based on her extensive experience and offer specific suggestions for improvement suitable for YOUR skill level.
Submit both the raw and your finished version
Feedback is ready to view within one week
Videos are between 15 and 25 minutes long
Your video is password protected
Download your critique to view offline
Email with follow up questions