Image Explorations – July 27th – 31st – Shawnigan Lake, Vancouver Island
I will teach you how to use this powerful software to help you make more money without raising your prices!
By sharing my specific formula for using this powerful software to give you more time to photograph and less time in front of your computer.
Over the past 14 years, I have captured and organized literally hundreds of thousands of images, rebuilt from backups after a huge flood and a stolen laptop, and coached dozens of photographers with different styles and passions on how to be more confident and creative.
This information packed workshop covers a lot of ground and comes with extensive notes and my fast and easy, seven step system for processing your session files.
Get set up for success in your workflow and creativity!
- More confidence and creativity in your post-processing
- More time photo-graphing and less time photo-shopping
- Peace of mind knowing you have a solid, automated, back up system
- No more stress over missing or mismanaged images files
Participants in this hands on course will:
- Learn a step by step process for organizing and backing up
- Master shortcuts in the Library and Develop modules
- Understand collections and build smart collections
- Create and use brush, develop, and Export presets
- Be comfortable with the retouching tools like clone/heal and lens corrections
- Leverage the power of batch processing through synch options
- Discover new ways of working with LR for maximum efficiency and creativity
This workshop is valuable to photographers of any style and at any level.
However, it is best suited to people who are comfortable using their computers, understand folders, and have had some exposure to Lightroom. Participants should have the latest version of Lightroom installed on their computers and a card reader.
Lightroom Workshop Over View
Lightroom overview, set up, and introduction of the seven step system including a full demo from import to export.
Monday – all day
The nitty gritty. Steps One through Five are broken down, demonstrated, and then you get to practice on your own images and ask questions.
- Some key topics covered:
- Importing & Downloading
- Folder Naming
- File Locations
- Choosing Selects
- Understanding Library Filters
- Keywords & Collections
- Back up system and equipment
- Virtual Copies
- Spot Adjustment Tools – Brush, Gradient, Radial Filter
- Cloning / Healing Tool
- Nose Reduction
- Targeted Adjustment Tools
- Black & White Conversion Tips
- Lens Corrections
Steps Six and Seven include information, tips, and shortcuts and these key topics:
- Develop Presets
- Edit in Photoshop or Nik
- Batch Processing
- Export Presets for your preview and final deliverables
- Working on Multiple Computers
- Syncing Catalogs
What is Image Explorations?
There is NO OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM in Canada like Image Explorations
While on line education is the rage and has value … Testimonials consistently say that the hands on learning plus an environment where there are no distractions leads to a true understanding and application of skills. Its Hands ON learning that gives you the “EDGE” over weekenders. You embed photographic, business and marketing skills that will insure a vibrant professional business and exceptional artistic vision.
The key is a balance of world class instructors (not platform personalities with product to sell), an amazing venue (Shawnigan lake) and 150 photographers all working and sharing together. IE chooses its instructor team based on a proven record of teaching and all instructors come from very successful business backgrounds. They don’t just “talk” about it… they actually do it everyday.
More information and to register, click here.