Private Lightroom Course
Simple 5 Part Workflow for more confidence and creativity through private instruction.
- Four in-person private Lightroom lessons
- Book at your convenience over a one month period
- Detailed notes and practice sessions
- Import through retouching to Exporting and Backing up
- Presets, shortcuts, and best practices
- Consultation on cleaning up existing catalogs and files
- Customized for all skill levels and styles
You will get more out of this private course than searching youtube or sitting in a classroom.
Individual Private Lessons
Customized Lightroom learning to get the answers and the help you need.
- Pre-lesson conversation on goals
- Detailed notes after your session
- Learn specific creative shortcuts
- Help your images look more like the pros
- Improve your workflow and back up systems
- Clean up existing catalogs and files
- 2 hour session – additional time available
Get more confident with Lightroom so you can have more fun and better results with your images.
Video of Your Images Processed
Watch your files go from good to great with processing tips from a pro.
- A video recording of specific tools and techniques
- Personal feedback from an experienced pro
- Develop module tools and shortcuts explained
- Refer back to it over and over again
- Help your pictures look more like the pros
- Submit up to 5 images in each review
- Great for photographers of all skill levels
Capturing the image is only the first step towards expressing your vision and creativity as a photographer.
Aura has a contagious passion for photography and a true gift for helping others learn to love it too.
When I first got my camera, I set out to take amazing photos out of the box and failed miserably. Nothing looked the way I wanted it to look! That's when Aura stepped in and changed everything.
Private Lightroom Course – 5 Part Workflow
A comprehensive private Lightroom course combining in-person private lessons notes, custom presets, practice sessions, and support by email.
Frustrated or confused with Lightroom?
Every photographer eventually realizes that they need to do some kind of processing in order to get their files to look more like the pros and have more impact. And, we all can get overwhelmed by the chaos of image files floating around on our hard drives and keeping up on backups.
Adobe’s Lightroom is a wonderful tool to make organizing easier and creativity faster and more fun.
But…it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing at first too. There are just so many options!
The Adobe tutorials and youtube videos just create more frustration by showing you ALL the different ways to do one thing.
You just want a simple, easy to follow and understand, already figured out system for using Lightroom.
5 Part Workflow
Get Started – Library Module Importing
Get Organized – Library Module Organizing
Get Creative – Develop Module and other software
Get Connected – Sharing Your Photos and Exporting
Get Confident – Backing Up
This series of private Lightroom lessons will:
- Give you a simple, step by step system for working with Lightroom
- Teach you shortcuts for using the Library and Develop Modules
- Give you specific tips for organizing faster
- Show you how to use all the retouching tools
- Help you use and create your own presets
- Provide backup tips to help you feel more confident
- And so much more…
Sign up today for your private and comprehensive jump start to
improved creativity and confidence with Lightroom.
- Weekdays or weekends, whatever works best for you.
- Four private Lightroom lessons with hands on practice
- Detailed notes and a video of your images being processed
Work on Your Files
- Work on your image files and your hard drives
- Learn how to use each tool and shortcuts
- See your images for from good to great!
- Set up your back up systems so you don’t have to worry
- Lot’s of opportunity to ask questions
- Detailed notes on all lessons to refer to over and over again
- Email access to an experienced professional to answer your questions
- Access to online video tutorials to reference at your convenience
All this for only $875
Individual Private Lightroom Lessons
Live in-person Lightroom lessons in the Greater Vancouver Area. Limit of 2 participants. Custom quotes for other areas and small group workshops. Please contact me for more information.
Have specific questions about Lightroom or need to fill in some blanks?
Want to learn tips for using retouching tools, exporting, working with presets, or integrating with 3rd party software like Photoshop?
Looking for help on cleaning up your hard drive and organizing or backing up your files?
Learning Lightroom in a private one on one in-person session is:
convenient – book to work with your schedule
fun – learn new creative tips and tricks
custom – your images, your Lightroom catalog
educational – combines theory with hands on practice
supportive – includes notes and after-care by email
Your private lesson can help you overcome your challenges and give you specific shortcuts for being faster and more creative with your Lightroom catalogs.
Get more creative and better organized.
Answers to your specific questions and tips form an experienced pro to feel more inspired, creative, and confident when you use Lightroom.
2 hour session. $75/hour for each additional hour
About Your Instructor
Aura McKay is one of only 9 people in Canada to earn her Certified Professional Photographer designation. She has been photographing and teaching photography for the past 15 years and received awards and recognition from the Professional Photographers of Canada for her work in Travel, Figure, and Fine Art photography.
“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” – Picasso
Video of Your Images Being Processed
A video recording of an your images being processed using Lightroom by an award winning photographer to help you challenge your skills and creative vision.
Example of An Image Review Video
All images may not be reviewed.
The most useful feedback will be determined by Aura and may apply to more than one image.
Post-processing helps you explore your creative vision.
Watch and learn as an award winning photographer processes your images using Lightroom. Aura McKay, CPP, CPA will take you through a step by step demonstration of different retouching tools while taking your photograph from good to great.
Submit both the raw and your finished version
It takes about one week after your images are submitted
Videos are between 15 and 25 minutes long
Your video is password protected
It is downloadable to view offline
You can email follow up questions